BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test, COVID Test With 15-Minute Results Without Sending to a Lab, Easy to Use at Home, FDA Emergency Use Authorization
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE: The BinaxNOW Self Test from Abbott requires just a shallow nasal swab that you can do yourself; includes easy-to-follow instructions
- SEE RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES: Convenient, fast results anytime, anywhere; no need for a prescription or sending to a lab
- MADE BY ABBOTT: BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test is identical to the professional-use test used since August 2020; intended for personal use with self-reported results and has Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA
- DESIGNED TO DETECT ACTIVE COVID-19 INFECTION: Includes 2 tests that are indicated for serial testing—simply test yourself twice within 3 days, at least 36 hours apart; designed to detect active infection with or without symptoms
- FOR AGES 2 TO ADULT: The self-test is indicated for children as young as 2 years old when administered by an adult, and for all people 15 and older to self-administer
- This test does NOT meet the CDC testing requirements to enter the US when returning from a trip abroad
BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test from Abbott can be used to detect active infection, with or without symptoms. This rapid-result test is for personal use. See results in just 15 minutes. The box includes 2 tests that are indicated for serial testing—test yourself twice within 3 days, at least 36 hours apart.
Can I use this test to meet travel requirements for testing? No, this is for personal use only and doesn’t provide a documented test result that you can display when traveling. For a documented test result the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test may be a better choice. Combined with the NAVICA App and with a negative result, you will have a digital result that may meet travel requirements. This test is offered by eMed, please visit www.emed.com for further information.
Why is this test indicated for “serial testing” and what does serial testing mean? Serial testing means that people should test themselves frequently, so that if they’re positive, they can catch themselves at the beginning of their infection and, hopefully, before they transmit it to others. By having our test indicated for serial testing, it offers an added layer of protection. That’s why each box comes with two tests in it.
The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test has not been FDA cleared or approved. It has been authorized by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization. It has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens, and is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b) (1) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated, or authorization is revoked sooner. BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test should be performed twice in 3 days, at least 36 hours apart.
Copyright 2021 Abbott. All rights reserved.