BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Antigen Self Test, COVID Test With 15-Minute Results Without Sending to a Lab, Easy to Use at Home, FDA Emergency Use Authorization
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE: The BinaxNOW Self Test from Abbott requires just a shallow nasal swab that you can do yourself; includes easy-to-follow instructions
- SEE RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES: Convenient, fast results anytime, anywhere; no need for a prescription or sending to a lab
- #1 COVID-19 SELF TEST IN THE US: BinaxNOW Self Test uses the same technology used by doctors. It detects multiple strains, including the DELTA and OMICRON variants*
- DESIGNED TO DETECT ACTIVE COVID-19 INFECTION: Includes 2 tests designed to detect active infection with or without symptoms. For serial testing—simply test yourself twice over 3 days, at least 24 hours (but no more than 48 hours) apart. For symptomatic use, a single test can be used
- FOR AGES 2 TO ADULT: The self-test is indicated for children as young as 2 years old when administered by an adult, and for all people 15 and older to self-administer
- FOR PERSONAL USE: This test does NOT meet the CDC testing requirements to enter the US when returning from a trip abroad. For proof of negative COVID-19 test, the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test may be a better choice
- OPTIONAL SELF-REPORT: Capture your results in the NAVICA app for self reporting
BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test from Abbott can be used to detect active infection, with or without symptoms. This rapid-result test is for personal use. See results in just 15 minutes. Each kit box contains 2 test cards, 2 nasal swabs and 2 reagent bottles.
* Abbott conducted a computational analysis of the detection of multiple SARS-COV-2 strains, including the Delta and Omicron variants, and predicts no impact to the performance of our BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test.
Can I use this test to meet travel requirements for testing? No, this is for personal use only and doesn’t provide a verified test result that you can display when traveling. For a documented test result the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test may be a better choice. Combined with the NAVICA App and with a negative result, you will have a digital result that may meet travel requirements. This test is offered by eMed, please visit www.emed.com for further information.
Click here for additional FAQ's.
The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test has not been FDA cleared or approved. It has been authorized by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization. It has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens, and is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b) (1) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated, or authorization is revoked sooner. BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test should be performed twice over 3 days, at least 24 hours (but no more than 48 hours) apart. For symptomatic use, a single test can be used.